Friday, May 11, 2012

Its Prom Season Baby!

If you thought I was talking about the high school dance, kindly click the little "X" at the top of your screen now. No, I'm talking about Prometheus Exenthal, and if you haven't seen any of his videos, check them out now. I've linked his latest, "Appreciation," below.





Now Prom's videos aren't supposed to be any type of PvP guide or anything. I like them because they're really well produced, mixed with some pretty quality music, and he shows the good with the bad. He clearly knows his stuff, and CSM6 members often referred to him as a human EFT.

Now why did I call this post Prom Season? That's because yesterday I took my last final as an undergraduate, and I no longer have the burden of engineering on my shoulders. I've got a few months to waste hours and hours diving into Eve, and I'm giving some solo roams through null a shot. I've debated what ships to use, from frigates to BC's mostly, but I ended up going with Rifter hulls. Surprise! These are my fits for a Jag and a Wolf, and the first stop is Providence this weekend.

[Jaguar, Standard MWD Jag]

150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
150mm Light AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket

Coreli C-Type 1MN MicroWarpdrive
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Small Core Defense Field Extender I
Small Projectile Burst Aerator II


The Jaguar is a fairly standard DPS fit. I found the addition of Faction/Deadspace/Officer mods to the market to be pretty helpful, as the C-Type MWD is readily available and comes in around 11 million isk. The fit is pretty darn tight, but I like it a lot. The EFT stats are 186 DPS, 9.32k EHP, and 2941 m/s. I like the Jag because its quick and pumps out quite a bit of DPS for a little guy. My only complaint is that I'll probably need to target or at least draw out frigates to get a decent fight. That or get under someone's guns. Regardless, I think I'll try the Jaguar first.

The Wolf is something I shamelessly ripped right off of Prom's killboard. Its an Arty Wolf with near zero tank, but it is fast and it can pack a punch.

[Wolf, Prom's Arty Wolf]

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
[Empty High slot]

Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
J5 Prototype Warp Disruptor I

Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Co-Processor II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II
Small Projectile Ambit Extension I


This fit is also pretty tight, but it works. Stats are 179 DPS, 4.35k EHP, and 2543 m/s. My favorite part about this Wolf fit is the ability to kite and not have the MWD shut down. Any time you're flying a kiting ship, it takes a lot more skill in manual piloting, but it can be really rewarding. Any idiot can click orbit at 500, engage scram, web and guns. Dictating range to the point where the other guy can't touch you is something else though. With this fit, I'd like to stay on the edge of point range, from 15-20 km away from the target.

That's the plan though. An RvBer taking some more advanced Rifter hulls through Providence to stir up some trouble. I'm certainly hoping to snag a few kills before I die in a fire, but we'll see how it goes. I know I'm looking to score this Prom season though ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment