Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Review 4/2

This weekend was nothing too crazy, but glad I got some solid time to log in. Saturday I was having some serious connection issues, which I tweeted about. I was getting disconnected about every 20 minutes -- max. I did manage to snag a few kills in fleet, but it was extremely frustrating. It was bad to the point where I was starting to do research on WiFi repeaters/signal boosters. Luckily, I decided to pull the plug on my router and give it one last shot, and of course that fixed all problems. Derp.

Sunday morning I logged in for a bit of a drunk roam. I have no idea how, but I managed to go 7-0 in that state, with somewhat smaller fleet sizes too. I think I'm starting to get a bit more situational awareness piloting. As I've said before, I'm not one to brag about my piloting skills because frankly, I'm not all that good. It is nice to see improvement though. My basic realization is that the orbiting and engaging part of the fight is second nature and I'm starting to get a better feel of when I'm about to get primaried. It sounds simple, but knowing when to disengage is certainly a skill too. I'm of no use to my FC if I'm dead.

Also, I had a pretty good week in trade again, eclipsing 1 billion in profits for yet another week (not consecutively). I'm going to put out a longer post about trade and general isk-making tomorrow, but here's the short version: trade is going well, but I have more isk than I can use in my current operations and I need to reinvest somewhere. I suppose there are worse problems to have.

In terms of blogging, I'm really hoping the Mittani Gate starts to calm down. As I've said before, I think the whole situation was blown out of proportion and that he was a bit of a scape goat. Regardless, he's accepted the 30 day ban, and I think we all need to move on to internet spaceships again. I expect a lot of great banter upcoming with the Inferno escalation starting later this month.

To close it out, just wanted to say thanks to the Eve podcasting community, especially Voices from the Void and Lost in Eve. I don't tend to have time to listen to these guys straight through or even necessarily soon after they're released, but I always try to eventually get to them. Keep it coming everyone, love what you've done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment